Monday 18 June 2012

DAY 16: ACTUAL sick day


WARNING: the following material contains nothing but rants and whines. Read at your own discretion.

Of course I'll get sick. I always get sick. Its not a trip without visiting the local clinic. -_-

The day actually started out alright. Went out for whale survey early in the morning and it was a realllly good day. Had a pod of pretty active whales..a couple of breaches and a couple of waves here and there. It was a shame because I left my camera at home this time. Learning from past experiences (ie: drowning electronics in a desert)..electronics and I are not very good friends and I didn't want to risk dropping it into the ocean...

So after the survey, I felt kind of feverish so I went to the school clinic and apparently they don't take walk-in's, but the receptionist said she can get the nurse to see me so I waited a freaken hour. But I had to leave to give my friend something and decided to go to another clinic 20mins bus ride away. SO I finally got to see the doctor and man I had no idea what he said. I know I have hearing problems...usually I need people to repeat what they say a couple times before the sentence gets registered into my mind even back at home..but it is just brutal here. I basically sat there and nodded my head when the doctor said "oh it looks like you might have blahblahblah...or maybe blahblahblah..so I'll just get you started on some blahblahblabh". Awesome.

Turns out he prescribed some penicillin. What he thinks I have..is still a mystery to me. So anyway, I got my meds and was like oh alright, I'm good to go. I was supposed to take 2 tablets immediately when I get home...but when I opened the damn box of meds, 5 packs of 10 pills stared back at me..and then I looked at the instructions and saw that I need to finish the whole bloody box, which means I have a month's worth of medication to take...and those pills are MASSIVE (to me..). so I just left it on my desk and went to take a shower.

Shower...is apparently a BAD idea when you're running a temperature. Because my face was literally burning afterward.

WARNING #2: Blog got hijacked. skip to the next dash line if you're not up to reading 15 minutes of BS.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, when my wonderful and noble housemate returned, he discovered to his absolute horror, that I was being a complete knob head (as always but would not want to admit it). I defied logic and beyond all human comprehension by using a bag of frozen vege's wrapped in my stinky unwashed tee-shirt and rubbing it on my LARGE forehead. Being the more logical person, my housemate proceeded to set my mind straight. Several cubes of ACTUAL ICE (yes, made from water) was used (instead of frozen vege's). Ice cubes were subsequently set in a plastic sandwich bag, which by the way, gives good transmission to area of interest --> MY inflated forehead.

Ok, the ice was juuuusssttttt the beginning of the drama that would unfold. I did everything right EXCEPT I had the propensity to make a mistake of the doctor's prescription. Helloooo! Why did I not read the instructions carefully first. This is so embarrassing. Anyway, back the main point. Apparently, I have this HUGE phobia of taking meds. HUGE PILLS I mean. I proceeded to shoo out my housemate and take the pills in his divine absence. But before taking the pills, I had first opened up by curtain blinds, looked towards the starry night sky, clasped my stringy fingers together and prayed to God this would not be the end of my life. I do not wanna die eating pills GOD dammit! I do not want to spend the last remnants of my life dead with HUGE pills with my mouth. (wtf Preston!??!!?)

What follows later, was probably the BIGGEST mistake of the day (not that I didn't make enough already. Oh silly you!). I showed and told my housemate I was in the midst of writing my blog and asked him if he would be interested in continuing my life' story. Of course, he took up on my offer without a hint of a doubt and proceeded to do so,full of enthusiasm and literature vigor. But of course, all this writing would go down the drain anyway and would not be approved since I am such a sweet innocent girl-next-door (DUH???!?!?!!??!???) <---- PPPPfffftftttttttttttt!



     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ THE END ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unbelievable...lol. Anyway, what REALLY happened was..I didn't have ice and obviously didn't have the time nor energy to make ice..so I just grabbed my frozen veggies and put it in my t-shirt (ya didn't have a towel either..). I HONESTLY don't see anything wrong with that....but apparently doing that was "completely illogical". And after getting scolded at by Preston (like seriously..who the heck yells at a sick person)..he traded my frozen veggies for an ice bag. End result would have been exactly the same...but sure..whatever floats his boat lol.


See, told you they're big...=(

I apologize for the EXTRA long post..but in my defense..I did warn you lol..I'm going to bed now and hopefully the meds will kick in and I won't have to use preston's stupid ice bag...

2 comments:

  1. I hope you are feeling better by now! And be sure to take all of your pills, even if you are feeling better. :)

    ReplyDelete