Sunday 8 July 2012

DAY 28: Brisbane!

Finallly internet access!

Behold my super duper ancient post that should've been up a week ago!

SO! On Saturday, Mr. Preston took Tung, Jessica and I on a little road trip to lovely Brisbane. To be honest, I seriously don't remember much of it. I didn't get any sleep at all for 2 nights in a row prior to this trip, so I was pretty much a walking corpse the whole day.

Okay I lied, I do remember it, but everything is just mushed up. Good thing I have photos as reminders and hopefully that'll piece my timeline together!

First stop of the day:  UQ. Very impressed with the campus. If only Queensland was nicer to me while I was there...I would totally consider doing my postgrad studies here.

 
 University of Queensland. Just so happy to be there. clearly haha
 We were just walking around UQ campus when we spotted (and later got followed by)these hideous looking turkeys. Such fat and ugly creatures...haha they remind me of the joker...with a very large butt and a wobbly strut. 

After UQ, we went up to some famous look-out (I'm really sorry..I cannot remember the name of the look out..). I do remember reading something about One Tree Hill on some sign there tho...anyways, gorgeous view of the whole Brisbane city. A tourist must-go.
"I've got the whole world in my hands..." ;)  well..just Brisbane hehe.
 Our handsome tour guide of the day + 3 zombies (1 sleep-deprived, 1 crippled, 1 just ..bored lol).

Couple hours of shopping (on Queen street?) and a couple little purchases (found the Australian version of Sephora!! highlight of my day haha isn't that just sad) later..........

Found THE best ice-cream truck EVER on our way to take the ferry. Thats right. Screw diets and workouts..I love fat too!

Ended the day on the ferry along the river. Froze my butt right off on that darn boat, but got to experience the best of Brisbane and took some nice shots of the bridge and night views along the way.


Even in my zombie-esque state, I still had loads of fun today! I can't wait to visit Brisbane again sometime in the future under a more desirable condition haha.





No comments:

Post a Comment