Monday 9 July 2012

DAY 34: P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way SYDNEY!!!!

Last stop: Sydney (Part I)!

Before I head on home, I had to visit Sydney!
With my awesomely diligent planning, we managed to squeeze in quite a bit of activities during our 2 days in Sydney. Alright, Tung gets some credits for the planning too...afterall she did bring her Sydney tourist guide book thing...which would've been really helpful IF ONLY I could read chinese...-_-


We started out at Sydney airport and almost got tricked by the information desk lady into taking a $15 train into the city. Fortunately we are extremely thrifty and found a much cheaper way into the city. Ended up saving more than 10 bucks, which we later spent on a hearty steak. =D

Sydney tourist life-savers: free tourist guide book from the airport, Sydney map, train/bus ticket.
This is waay cool. A double decker SUBWAY. Those double decker buses can move the heck outta the way!
This is the way to travel in Sydney. Its awesome AND affordable.


Got off the subway at Central station and hopped on a FREE city shuttle bus which took us around the city. 
First stop in the city: Queen Victoria Building (QVB)
QVB is this amaazing building. Elegant design and pretty high end shops and cafes. We didn't spend alot of time there however, because 1) it was super crowded in there 2) I would be in great danger of emptying my whole bank account in there if I didn't leave ASAP.


The inside of QVB. Massive clock in the middle of the mall is just so ostentatious lol As if QVB is not glamourous enough. Having said that...I want to live here haha. 
 Islay the talking dog outside the QVB. I was just minding my own business when this crazy statue started coaxing me into throwing a coin in his fountain. "Hello, my name is Islay, if you throw a coin into the wishing well now, I will say........" and there he left me hanging...so I HAD to throw a coin in...and he said "thank you" ...oh wonderful lol What a waste of my 20 cents. 
But being the stupid idiot I am...I had to throw another coin in because I was distracted by what Islay was saying and totally forgot to make a wish the first time haha. Another 10 cents into the fountain for my lovely wish. It BETTER come true.



After QVB, we just walked along George Street and onto Pitt Street Mall. A great view of the Sydney Tower on our way there.

All I have to say about Pitt Street Mall is that...shopping sucks when you're on a budget. =(
Moving on!

Highlight of the day: Manly ferry + Manly beach
Took the Manly ferry over to Manly. Manage to snatch first row seats on the ferry and had a first class view of the 2 famous Sydney landmarks. I also realized that I don't get seasick on any boat other than that stupid whale watching boat. Good to know lol.

 View from our first class seats =)

      
Manly beach. One of Australia's most famous beaches. I can see why. 
I think we can all agree that the best thing about this picture is the seagull haha. 

And of course, it wouldn't be a wrap without a jumping shot. Unfortunately, my usual talented photographer didn't come to Sydney with me, so I had to settle for Tung, who failed miserably at taking jumping shots. 10 leaps and a sore groin later, she still managed to take ZERO acceptable photos. 


To-Do List in Sydney:

QVB
Pitt Street Mall
Sydney Opera House
Sydney Bridge
Manly Beach

Darling Harbour
The Rocks
Bondi Beach
Taronga Zoo

To be continued.....Sydney Part II



No comments:

Post a Comment