Wednesday 11 July 2012

DAY 36: Bye-Bye Australia

Thats right..tis sadly the end of my Australian adventure. =(

I unfortunately had to cut my trip a couple weeks short due to a very unfortunate..and unbelievable dramatic incident. Long story short, crazy housemate went psycho with chinese medicine and ladle, she over-reacted, we over-reacted, I over-reacted, the landlord over-reacted, the cops over-reacted, I over-reacted again, my mom over-reacted, uni didn't want to compromise my safety, my mom over-reacted again........and a couple hours of hysteria and a couple days of paranoia later......I'm on my way back home.
My departure was so abrupt that I didn't have much time to scavenge for interesting australian products.  Stupid Sydney airport's wi-fi also didn't work, so I couldn't check facebook for Kyra's recommendation =(. Nevertheless, I had an hour before boarding and a couple spare Australian dollars to spend, so bought some EXTREMELY overpriced authentic Australian snacks. I think I recall seeing tim tams and kangaroo from Kyra's list, so I just went for those 2. 

Note to future last minute souvenir scavengers: do NOT buy kangaroo jerky (tastes like salty rubber). DO buy Tim Tams =)

Well prepared for my 15 hour flight. Wanted to puke after half a bag of cheese balls.

Overall..to say this trip is full of drama and crazy times might even be a bit of an understatement haha but it wouldn't be a true adventure without big ups and downs and at least there wouldn't be a dull moment whenever I'm around...!!

Even though this trip was shorter than expected, it was nothing but fun and excitement.
Time to start saving up for the next trip!

Until next time....peace! ^^






1 comment:

  1. Aside from the ending, glad your trip to Australia ended up being "best-case scenario" rather than "omg I'm going to get raped then murdered by my landlord" scenario haha =) You'll have to tell the whole story some time!

    ReplyDelete